View Single Post
Old 05-22-2012, 02:23 PM
Pup6913

Quote:
Originally Posted by esd10 View Post
i read in a book called the card about the t206 honus wagner and from what they said its impossible for psa to look at every card from top to bottom they get. it was like 10 seconds or less a card and thats without hollidays,lunch and bathroom breaks and 365 days a year so i doubt every card unless its very high end gets the utmost attention that people pay all that money for. I'm not bashing psa they do a good job most of the time but when you see certain things it makes you wonder what they are doing and who is looking at the cards. Net54 should start a grading service and have the most advanced collectors look and slab our cards i know i would use it in a heart beat.
I have often thought of this. I have even went as far as designing a slab to be black/charcoal in color and close to the same size as PSA's. A bright blue and white flip. If the card was crossed over the info of the grading co, grade, and cert number to be included on the back to cut down on pop report issues. The slab would also be made of lexan and sealed air tight. You would have to cut it open to free a card. For those who want protection but don't care about grades we would give an A grade with a notation stating numerical or altered. If altered it would have a code to show the alteration such as 3BT: lower left corner, bottom edge, trim. I would ask guys like Dan mackee, Ted z, and several others for help in authenticating and possibly grading certain issues. Who cares if we are collectors. We care more than them anyways and can give honest expert opinions. Also pricing structures would be flat rate wether its a Wagner or common. Your choice to pay for standard or expedited grading service. Who knows. If I had enough backing I would give it a shot. I have been working on a scanner type machine since 05 for grading cards. Needless to say I am electronically challenged and this is a feat that will cost in the $500,000 range for machine and program each. That's the quote from last yr

Last edited by Pup6913; 05-22-2012 at 02:27 PM.