View Single Post
Old 02-22-2018, 06:11 PM
Mich.ael We.ntz

Quote:
I agree that cards will take a dive in price but for completely different reasons. Between shill bidding, card doctors, and counterfeiting something is going to bring this hobby down.

I would love to know the % of T206's that have had nothing done to them, bet it is pretty low number.
I see this argument from time to time on these forums and it just doesn't hold much water. I know of nearly a dozen different finds of original and extremely high-grade T206s. And I'm aware of collectors who still have large groups of high-grade, untouched T206s that have never been graded. One collector, in particular, has nearly 1000 of them that would fetch grades in the 7 to 9 range. Another hobbyist has a nearly complete T206 set that is also high grade and 100% original.

T206s were not produced in small quantities and some of them have survived the test of time quite well. With the exception of one or two pedigrees, the vast majority of high-grade T206s encapsulated by the major grading services are 100% legit. I've seen where they come from.