View Single Post
Old 08-12-2013, 09:26 AM
Todd Schultz

Quote:
Here's the combined checklist. Which would seem to work. We could find a numbering system that makes sense and keeps them in this general order. Or would people prefer them to be listed as different sets?

http://www.oldcardboard.com/m/m101-4/m101-4list.asp
I believe using the combined checklist with a numbering system would work fine, and then list each of the back advertisers as a variation, much as you do with T206. It might be easier for collectors if you listed two sets, m101-4 and m101-5, and then listed each applicable back as a variant of the appropriate set. It can get a little dicey I suppose, as there are some backs that are in both sets but have only limited representation in one. For example, Block& Kuhl card numbers 1-20 are all m101-5 cards but the remaining numbers 21-200 are all m101-4. Either way, it would be a welcome addition from my perspective.

P.S. Thanks Andy for being quick on the trigger in nominating these.
If we are to have another contest in the near future of our national existence, I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's but between patriotism and intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition and ignorance on the other. - Ulysses S. Grant, military commander, 18th US President.