Thread: T202 Questions
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2009, 01:03 PM
Administrator

Default T202 Questions

Posted By: stuart

New guy here and was hoping for some help. I recently decided to attempt a prewar set. I wanted to pick a set that i have a financial chance of completing. I decided on the T202 Hassans, as i've always liked the look of these cards. I've only collected 50's and 60's Topps cards before so i realize this will be a slow journey. I like the look of the card in a SGC holder but cannot afford anything much higher than SGC 40. I don't like creases and off-center cards. With this in mind I would appreciate some help with a few questions.

Would it be better to buy raw and get graded as opposed to buying graded? If buying raw can i expect a lot of trimmed cards?

Most of the ones i see graded on ebay are BIN's that are over the VCP. Will i be able to find many in SGC 40 at shows? I've been to a few of the big shows looking for 52 Topps in PSA 4 and the selection is usually very small, most only have cards in PSA 7 and up. Can i expect this with the T202's or are they more available in lower grade at shows?

I'm sure i will have more questions than this board has patience, but i will start with these and see how it goes.

Thanks,
Stuart