View Single Post
Old 12-03-2004, 03:30 PM
Administrator

Default problem backs and values

Posted By: Scott

I was admittedly upset to find the writing, especially since he had mentioned "writing on back" in some of his other auctions. For this reason, I hoped not to find a "messy" back. It's now a bit more disturbing since you brought this to his attention already but it was probably just an oversight on his part. He's a good seller and I'm sure he would give me a refund if I asked, but like I said, I expected unadvertised problems and I'm still happy with the card.

I won't necessarily return a card for writing or paper loss on the back, but if I usually will if I don't think it will grade. The exception is this Reulbach that came in a "NM-MT" PGA holder - I figured it was trimmed, and paid accordingly...I have a tough time spotting trims on CJ's, so I sent it to SGC and they verified it. I told the seller as an FYI on PGA and he offered a full refund, which I did not want. All I'm looking for is full honesty from sellers, especially dealers. Giving me a quick refund doesn't cut it - they are making their money off the people who either miss the problem or don't want the hassel of returning cards.

For those unfamiliar, the following is what you get back from SGC when a card is trimmed - there is also a check-list on the back indicating "Trimmed","Altered","Counterfeit" or "Other/Comments". In this case "Other" was checked along with the comment "Evidence of trimming side edges". Indeed, it measures "narrow".