View Single Post
Old 12-24-2011, 01:14 PM
R@nda!! H@hn

Yeah, I like the fact he made the last out. You could imagine the 1st baseman flipping him the ball or throwing it up in the air or something. But it puts him right at the scene so he would be someone who may have ended up with it. But even if its just a game ball he kept its still a great thing. In the long run if someone wanted to sell a piece like that it all comes down to provenance. Top dollar would only be paid to someone if they obtained it first hand and maybe even had a signed letter or some sort of documentation. The price would start dropping after that. The best you can do, having gotten it second, third or way down the line, is to do the research like you are doing. But it still comes down to does the bidder think this is the last out ball or not. No way to really prove it now.

I bought a ball on Ebay that ahd a note written on it that it was fouled by Al Brancato on 7/10/41. The ball is a correct Harridge AL ball. Bob Feller pitched against the A's that day and went the distance winning his 99th career victory. So the ball had to be thrown by him if the writing on it is to be believed. But since all the facts checked out and the ball is correct I tend to believe thats what it is.

Last edited by mcgwirecom; 12-24-2011 at 01:16 PM.