View Single Post
Old 03-04-2023, 09:23 AM
R@ndy Hart.soe

VCP has the limited pricing for graded cards in the 1936 Goudey Borderless set. I see that a Jimmie Foxx in a 6 sold for $1100 or so in 2022.

You did not say which HOFers you have but there are only 5 in the set and Foxx is by far the best.

As you stated, it is difficult to price cards like this. True auctions generally garner the best results but they would need to be in a major auction to bring in the most potential bidders and sometimes even rare items fall through the cracks.

You can always throw up a price you would be happy with on here and see if there is any interest.

To be honest, the vast majority of items for sale here do not sell because of high pricing.

I know because I list a few items here from time to time and rarely sell anything even though I think I price reasonably. That is because I am the seller. I tend to overvalue my own items and undervalue everyone else's items. Human nature! Ha.Ha.

If you ever undervalue an item, it sells immediately on here but that does not happen all that often.

I have probably listed 25 or so items over the last year and sold a couple of them. Needless to say, someone thought they were priced fairly in those instances but not in the vast majority of cases.

My advise would be to post clear scans and an asking price you can live with and see if you get any nibbles. If not, no harm.

Just be sure the price you list is one you can live with if someone is willing to pay it on here.