View Single Post
Old 11-15-2006, 04:09 PM
Administrator

Default Stolen Collections

Posted By: Rhys

I know this is a card forum and not autographs, but I will relate this story while we are on the subject just in case anyone comes across any of these.

A close friend of mine was selling autographs on consignment for the widow of a collector and had the entire box of about 5,000 3X5 cards stolen in NW Indiana/Chicoland area. They would be easy to spot as the man who aquired all of them in person was named Ken Reimann and he had most signatures personalized to him. Since Mike Gutierrez bought all of the signed baseballs, I bought everything else, and NO 3X5 cards were ever offered for sale, if ANY of these 3X5's start to pop up anywhere they are stolen property as well. There were 14 Vince Lombardi's, 10 Roger Maris', over 30 Mickey Mantle's etc etc. About $30,000-$50,000 worth on the open market.

I know some stuff was filed with the police and insurance companies but lock it away if possible in your memory, any 3x5 cards signed "To Ken Reimann" are stolen property and please send me an e mail if you find any.

Rhys Yeakley