View Single Post
Old 08-30-2002, 01:26 PM
Administrator

Default Elliot, I'm missing the point here

Posted By: runscott

...is an unnecessarily heavy swing of the pendulum. Here's a suggestion that might help Elliot feel like he doesn't have to be so rigid about censorship: I haev created another Network 54 forum - "Vintage Baseball Heated Disputes". The only thing that will be censored is obscenity and bigotry. When we see a dispute getting out of hand, meaning one where email fights would suffice but the parties in questions want to make sure everyone else can see their dirty laundry (and sometimes having 3rd party suggestions can help us), a board member simply suggests that we move it to the "Vintage Disputes" forum, I post that a thread has been set up on that forum, and Elliot then deletes the entire friggin' thread on this forum.

Most of the editing (or lack thereof) complaints about this board revolved around personal stuff, so perhaps this will solve that problem and give Elliot less to worry about. Go for it.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/216056

Vintage Baseball Heated Disputes

A place for vintage chatters to take it semi off-line. Yes, your peers can still see it and make comments, but you won't be bogging down the regular forum with tripe.