View Single Post
Old 03-24-2024, 05:12 AM
Ed.gar Pim.entel

I’ m glad this thread popped up again. I’ve been studying the British American Tobacco Company Booklet published by the Cartophilic Society of Great Britain in the 1950s.These cards were distributed by the British American Tobacco Company probably in the 1930s. At the time of the Booklet’s publication, the set was known to have existed in Argentina though it was never seen by the Society members. They believed the set was manufactured in Chile ( British American Tobacco had a manufacturing plant there) and distributed to Argentina , other parts of South America , and perhaps, Spain.

Based on the agreement between American Tobacco and Imperial Tobacco in 1902 the set most likely was not distributed in Cuba. Likewise , The BAT English Version was NOT distributed in the UK nor the US, but rather was distributed in Malaysia, other parts of Southeast Asia, and probably China.

I would be interested to know if there is difference in the card stocks between the English Version and the Spanish Version.

BTW, nice pick-up.