View Single Post
Old 03-20-2017, 09:11 PM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topnotchsy View Post
I've come up with some basic criteria for a set:
1) Good looking cards (major criteria for me on this are images that really look like the player)
2) Big name players (would like a set that includes some of the classic names like Ruth, Cobb, Mathewson etc... doesn't have to have all of these guys specifically, but those kinds of players) edit: I took out Gehrig who is not from the same era)
3) Following up on the list before, I'd like cards from the player's playing days
4) Fairly simple set. I've read many posts about the different backs and the like to some of the sets and it makes things way too overwhelming for me at this point. I'd like something a little easier to follow.
5) Set that's not overly expensive
The others can be done, but that last one is tough. To meet those other criteria, even in a low-mid condition you are going into the thousands after the Stars are added. How many thousands are you willing to state is not "overly expensive" and what condition is important to you?

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.