View Single Post
Old 11-30-2003, 08:49 PM
Administrator

Default Steve Verkman and Clean Sweep Auctions

Posted By: Julie Vognar

I checked out my "express" payment. I mailed it on Thurs, Nov. 20, 3:00 P.M., which was--well, it got to Steve Monday, the 24th. They promised Saturday, Nov, 22, but it didn't get there (he may or may not have been in on Saturday--I assume he wrote me from his office today, which was a Saturday). To make up for it, P.O. attempted TWO deliveries on Sunday, when no sensible businessman is at work. Verkman signed for it Monday, Nov. 24.
I no longer remember when his bill came (Verkman's incensedness (WORD) came from the fact that I said "12 days" when it couldn't have been). I also don't remember, therefore, when I called him and left a message, or when he called me back and said my payment had just arrived the day before.

I don't even remember when the blinking auction closed!
I was amazed to get the complaining e-mail from him, even though I got the date wrong, because, of all the complaints about him in this column, mine was surely the mildest. When I have posted about him earlier, I always mention the trimmed 33 Goudey Berg, AND the excellent M101-2 Jackson, which makes it kind of a wash...