View Single Post
Old 12-23-2016, 01:11 PM
Bob Davies

Default Hockey

Over the years in men's leagues, I've played against several Flames alumni. In the last league we played in (5 plus years ago), Sylvain Turgeon was a sniper. Previously played against some guys in the bigs, but when this guy had time and space, he could rifle a puck in a two inch space before I could even move (I'm a target). As fast a snap shot as I've ever seen at any level.

I coached my daughter's hockey team with an ex-NHLer when she was younger. He played every week with a bunch of NHL alumni in town. When I told him I played against Turgeon, and how amazing this guys shot was, he said "Bob, he's a sniper with our guys."

Currently in the league I'm in, Dennis Polonich once played with me, and now against me. Still a little uber competitive for a bunch of 40 and 50 year olds, and prone to the odd dirty trick. He's fun to stop though, as he gets pi$$ed off.

If you don't know the story of Polonich, check this out.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...-brutal-attack

He told me he ended up getting over $700,000 for the incident from Paiement. I remember when this happened. Polo was never quite the same after that incident, as the story indicates... and any Red Wings fan of a certain age would know.