View Single Post
Old 01-10-2016, 01:09 PM
Ryan H

Default Introducing EliteCardPrices.com

UPDATE 4/25/16: We've released new lower subscription pricing, now $49.95/year or $4.95/month.
--
Hi folks. I’ve been a member here for a while, but have yet to post after being an active poster on another board.

I wanted to introduce a new service that I've spent the past year developing. EliteCardPrices.com is a best in class, mobile friendly, real-time, graded sports card price guide.

I collected cards when I was younger and like many, rediscovered the hobby after I started a family and established in my career. When I got back into the hobby I purchased graded versions of many of the cards I couldn’t afford when I was a kid. 

I realized it was important to be able to see past sales data before I made a purchase or to check the values of cards in my collection. This was especially true for cards that don’t come up for sale very often on eBay. I also found myself needing to access it more and more from my smartphone.

While there were other services that track graded sports card sales data, I found them dated in their design, often less than stellar site performance, and a user interface not optimized for mobile devices.

I pulled together a small team of developers and have spent the last 9 months getting our new service developed. We had a soft launch back in November and are now ready ramp up our growth.

Here’s where Elite Cards stands out from the competition:

1. We offer a mobile friendly user interface. Over half of our customers are accessing the site from a mobile device. Competitive sites were designed almost 10 years ago (pre smartphones) and just don't work great on your iPhone or Android phone. With our responsive layout, Elite Cards looks great on your PC, Mac, tablet or mobile device.

2. We offer a 5-day, full access free trial. Many of our competitors don't offer any free trial. In addition to the free trial, our paid subscription is much lower than our competition. "Plus" memberships are now $49.95/year or $4.95/month.

3. We track sales of modern cards. Our database includes the most popular modern cards across baseball, basketball, and football from 1990-2014.

4. The service is built to be resilient and offer top notch performance. From how our code is written to the cloud infrastructure that powers the site.

I value this community’s opinions and information on the hobby we all love. I invite you all to try out the new service. We offer a 5-day free trial with full access to the entire site’s price history. I wanted to make sure folks knew what they would be getting before paying for the service.

Currently we have sales data from eBay and data from two of the August 2015 Heritage Auction sales for 1970 Topps and 1975 Topps Mini sets. We plan to incorporate additional data streams into the service, but need to work with those auction houses to do so.

We include the most popular sets from 1933-1989 and the many modern cards from 1990-2014. In addition to sales data from other auction houses, we plan to add additional sets in the future including pre-war tobacco cards. Both of these are on our roadmap and something we will add at a later date.

Please send any and all feedback to me via PM or use the contact form our website. You can follow us on Facebook and Twitter to stay up to date with the latest happenings with the service.

Thanks for taking the time to read this far and please check out the site.

Thanks,
Ryan

*Full disclosure, this is a paid advertisement and authorized to be posted here

Last edited by ryanseven; 04-25-2016 at 08:50 AM. Reason: Updated new pricing effective 4/25/16