View Single Post
Old 04-28-2011, 08:55 AM
Marc

Thanks Ted. I guess difficulty with a certain back can be attributed to a timely luck of the draw since, in this case, there are not very many of either one. When I had my high grade T206 set still together, I had a PSA 5 Sovereign Doyle. Wish I had that one back!

Maybe something for a different thread, but what is your theory on the amount of printing flaws found with this card? In particular, I can't recall another T206 in which you will find so many issues with the name and league designation. There are many Doyles with partial name/league lettering missing and this issue is found with various backs, not just one. There are also registration issues at a much higher rate of incidence than average
T206s. I have found about 80-90% exhibit poor registration, so much so that when you find a nicely focused example, it looks like a different guy.

Goes without saying for anyone who has closely studied the trends found in this Doyle card, that something is up with it. There is more to the Doyle Nat'l error and subsequent printing issues on the regular Doyle than is currently known.

I'll be happy to start another thread to discuss this- I don't want ruin this flow of the T206 backs set discussion.