View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012, 10:16 AM
Mike Rich@rds0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordstan View Post
Ben,
Yea, I do have a lot, but I have been working on this set for approx 30yrs or so.
It's been a labor of love.

Sean and Scott,
Thanks a lot for the kind words.

Mike,
The wife's contribution is even bigger than it seems as she doesn't get collecting at all. It drives her crazy that I spend this amount of money on this stuff. Another part of it, for her, is that I don't have much displayed. So she sees this a stuff collecting dust in a box.
Fortunately we have reached an accord. First, she has begrudgingly accepted the fact that I would rather spend money on memorabilia than tools, clothes, electronics, etc. Second, she twisted my arm to finally get the basement finished early this coming year, so I can hang and display my collection. Perhaps she will understand and enjoy it more as well that way.

Giovanni,
Congrats on your first. Very nice.
Though, I would advise you to avoid the 34 Goudey cards. The 34's are very ugly cards and I wouldn't want you to ruin your collection with any of them. For safety's sake, please send them all to me, so I can protect everyone.

CJ,
I love multi-signed pieces and that is spectacular. Congrats on an awesome pick up.

Best to all,
Mark
Mark, You know we'll want some pictures when that basement is complete and your memorabilia is displayed!