View Single Post
Old 04-22-2018, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobucsmagic74 View Post
I think it's interesting that every time a thread like this is posted, everyone mentions the resale value when it comes to selling PSA graded cards and hardly ever brings up the relative value of buying SGC graded cards. You likely will get more money reselling PSA graded cards, but if you're interested in collecting quality cards you can get more bang for your buck buying SGC graded cards with eye appeal.
100%. And for me - I collect rarer 100+ year old cards- I don’t care what flip it’s in as long as it’s SGC or PSA; indeed, sometimes there are so few graded examples of what I am after that grade, let alone grading company, is wholly irrelevant (see attached). And I love picking up great looking T and E cards in an SGC 50 case for less than what people are paying for worse looking versions in PSA 3 flips. If you are collecting Tom Seaver or Bob Gibson rookies, I think PSA is (strongly) preferred to SGC. But when it comes to prewar, I will take either and will gladly pay less for an SGC flip than more for the same card in a PSA flip.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 29AA29C6-F7AC-47BF-AE40-10E084C492B9.jpg (12.2 KB, 633 views)