View Single Post
Old 10-29-2006, 12:16 AM
Administrator

Default opinions- is taking a crease out really altering?

Posted By: jay behrens

As long as you are not adding something that is not supposed to be there (color, buld up a corner) or taking something away that is supposed to be there (trimming, bleaching color) then it really does not matter to me.

By this rationale, then rebuilding a corner or recoloring a card should be OK since you aren't adding anything that wasn't supposed to be there in the first place, i.e. sharp corners (if that's how it was issued) or proper coloring? How about CJs with caramel stains? Those weren't intended to part of the card, so why not bleach them or what ever it takes to remove the stain. How about a card that has yellowed due to exposure to too much sunlight? Why not bleach it? It's supposed to be white, not yellow.

It's a slippery slope when you start justifying why some alterations are OK and others are not, becuase those same atguments to justify supposed innocuous things can also be used to justify much more radical altrations.

Jay

I love pinatas. You get to beat the crap of something and get rewarded with candy.