View Single Post
Old 12-07-2005, 08:28 AM
Administrator

Default View of an 1886 Baseball Game

Posted By: identify7

To me the rarity of these cards has nothing to do with their desireability. The nostalgic portrayals do. If forced to choose between the two, Id prefer the OJ which shows a close up of a player with mask and glove apparently photographed in a western town. However, the panoramic view of the game in progress with the complimenting spectators of the period does seem to me to be a close second.

T206 Wagners and t210 Jacksons do not compare favorably with either of these, in my mind. And that the CA league OJ went in the low six figures results in me agreeing with Jim Clarke: that soon the price realized will seem like a bargain.

It is for cards like these two that I sometimes wish that money had less meaning to me. Because it is not as simple as diverting funds from one (or more)investment into the purchase of one of these cards. Because these cards are really never going to have investment potential for me. Because to be an investment, you eventually have to sell the item; and I could not envision ever being able to sell either card.

But I agree John, both cards have similar value.