View Single Post
Old 08-21-2011, 08:02 PM
Rich Klein

Default OT Slightly -- Show "Cancelled" today

A friend of mine had sent me a craigs list posting about a show in Allen, Texas hosted by JMV Entertainment. The show was to open at 10 AM for early birds and 11 AM for regular customers. I walked in the door at 11:02 and walked around and made a few purchases of pre-1972 tougher series cards at reasonable prices.

And to keep this on topic for Net 54 -- one vendor did have common 41 Play Balls with writing on the back at $5 per. I did not get a chance to make a counter offer before the show closed

But while I was walking around, and I should mention that most of the tables in the room were empty, I started hearing the promoter talk to the dealers and say something to the effect of "My credit card was declined" and the hotel shut down the show by 11:30.

I have never seen that before at a show, and my friend who sent me the craig's list posting showed up at noon to discover the show was closed.

So, warning, if you ever see a show run by JMV Entertainment again; you might want to call to ensure that your trip is worth while.