View Single Post
Old 05-08-2019, 11:28 AM
Jeff P0tter

I meant to reply to this one before, and forgot. Then I saw you mention it on a different thread and remembered. I've had scam buyers try similar things before, I had one a few years ago for over $7000 and I know there's a couple others here who posted good instructions on how to best win these situations. The best piece of advice I can give you (and I won all of the cases and either kept the original funds and they kept the card or I received the card back and refunded) is DO NOT WAIT for paypal to make their automated decision. Provide everything they need up front, tell them you have satisfied your seller protection requirements (if you have), and that you want the case closed NOW and they can work out the chargeback situation behind the scenes. If you met all of the requirements (and one of these is getting signature confirmation on the delivery, if you did not you will probably end up losing this one), like proof they signed for delivery, upload it. Don't wait to get that either as I think the Post Office no longer keeps them on record for as long as they used to. File the police report now, then upload it to paypal. Upload anything else relevant. Then call and get them to close the case on the phone. Don't let a decision be made and then try to get it reversed, it probably won't happen. Good luck I hope it works out okay for you.
ebay: AuthenticTradingPost

http://www.ebay.com/str/jeffpotterautographs

Last edited by ATP; 05-08-2019 at 11:28 AM.