Thread: Shoebox Cards
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2002, 04:30 PM
Administrator

Default Shoebox Cards

Posted By: Julie Vognar

The card I bought from Shoebox that I was most disappointed in was one they SENT me a scan of. It was a '52 Mays, and they said it was a little off=register.
Then they sent me a scan, next to another '52 Mays. They both looked fine to me, so I bought the one that was--better centered. It was a little off-register, just like they said.

I have just bought 4 cards from Shoebox, and I'm only keeping one of them, a '55 Koufax, NM+, 1K. The ex-mint+ '54 Williams, #250, had color loss all along the bottom border in back ($650), the '55 Clemente, ex+ (5.5 GAI)($800) had a rough cut top edge, and a small spot of white in his hair, and a small groove across the lower left corner. The N28 Caruthers, PSA 3, had a fine shape, no paper loss, but edges were dirty, and the top border was not smooth (this is in addition to the small fleck of ink on his neck, which they told me about). *(I would have kept the Caruthers, but i was replacing one in poor shape, and really wanted a nice one. They said this was a really nice one.)

I've bought breathtaking cards from Shoebox. A GAI 6 '53 Bowman Mantle (I can't see anything wrong with it!), and an ex-mint '53 Bowman Musial (I can't see anything wrong with it!). Also a PSA 6 N162 Brouthers, which had one weak corner, great color, centering and cleanness.