View Single Post
Old 12-23-2023, 04:36 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven View Post
Concerning your part about Yankees Captains, I wanted to bring this up. Randolph, In my opinion, by the metrics of the Hall of Fame, should've been given at least consideration. Compiling a 65.9 bWAR, over a lengthy career was impressive. I think he's very underrated.

Mattingly, had he not gotten hurt, would've easily made the Hall of Fame. His persistent back issues, led to his demise. Nothing we can do about that, though. I think he certainly had the talent, just couldn't stay healthy.

Nettles, is another guy I don't understand how he's not in the current iteration of the Hall. His JAWS has him right there with Molitor, Martinez and Rolen. He has a 67.9 bWAR. Again another player very underrated.
I do think all 3 deserved an honest look. Mattingly got one, and has again and again. I do have a very hard time supporting nearly league average bats, obviously offensive requirements are significantly lessened for 3B and 2B but it's a stretch argument. I'm not convinced that dWAR and games played should really get one in.