View Single Post
Old 01-09-2009, 02:10 PM
Administrator

Default Vintage World Series Programs ... some queries

Posted By: UlsterYankee

Hi all

I am a collector of older World Series Programs and have been able to compile a reasonably good collection. That said, I'm not an expert in the subject and I'm looking some guidance from those on this board who are more knowledgeable on these items.

I have the following queries:

- Giants v Yankees 1921 and 1922: were there different issues produced for these World Series or was it a single issue, given that all games were played at the Polo Grounds? I'm aware of a separate issue for the 1923 World Series but not for either 1921 or 1922 (I'm assuming that 1923 marked a departure, given that the Yankees had their new stadium - is this correct?);

- Cubs v Yankees 1938: I obtained this program from a very reputable source some time ago. The program has a laminate-type cover that I would normally associate with much more recent publications, rather than a 1930s program. Can anyone confirm if the Cubs' version of the 1938 World Series program has a laminate cover?

- When searching through some auction results, I recently came across this:

http://www.lelands.com/bid.aspx?auctionid=505&lot=1361

It struck my attention because I had never previously seen a World Series Program graded by one of the major grading companies. Is this a regular occurrence?

Many thanks