Thread: Really, PWCC?
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2016, 05:26 PM
Phillip Abbott
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerplyr80 View Post
I think that assessment is a little harsh. PWCC didn't grade the card, and it certainly wouldn't be good for business to post a description saying something like "this card is way over graded." If that was your consignment I don't think you would appreciate it.

I have seen many auction houses use creative wording that makes flaws sound less severe than they are. Or not mention them at all. At least he drew some attention to it. It's up to the bidders to decide if it's worth PSA 6 money or not. It looks like at least a few bidders have decided it is.

I do prefer this description to one with three paragraphs about the history of t206 cards and a sentence or two about the actual card.

I have been reading the board for a little while before having this be my first few posts.

I don't think its a matter of whether or not I would "like it" if it were my card. I would expect the same thing to happen to me, or anyone else if they submitted a card like this with this problem. I have been reading threads here about honesty, integrity, and calling attention to problems without shading the situation for good or bad.

Here is, without a doubt, a perfect example of it. You have a high dollar, big name player in a fantastic shape and tough grade to get, being sold in a case does not hold par for its grade on it, and being sold by a company who a lot of people here don't revere as a solid seller for doing enough to protect their auction buyers from fraud......and tricky wording is "harsh"?

Then, on top of that, in this thread, the problem is mentioned by me(regardless of specifically brought to his attention or not), he joins the board to comment on the thread, and skips right over it without addressing it??

"Seriously" is right.
Phil