View Single Post
Old 06-19-2013, 03:22 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

Quote:
Originally Posted by auggiedoggy View Post
Yes I do but this was posted in the Pre-WWII forum.

We have a catch-22 situation. The sellers won't make to move to Bidstart from eBay because there aren't enough potential buyers and there aren't enough potential buyers because there aren't any/enough sellers. Something's got to change but I don't see it happening any time soon. I know of no other on-line auction site that even begins to rival the evil FeeBay.

As I said, they've become the only show in town and can do pretty much whatever they want.
I tried it a year or so ago (at least, I think it was BidStart. Might have been another, but had the same "duplicate all your eBay listings for free" deal). Went to the trouble of figuring out their system, migrated SEVERAL THOUSAND listings of all different price ranges from eBay to there, and let them sit for I think 2 or 3 months just to see what happened. In that time, I sold ONE item, a $1 comic book that the buyer picked up because his last name was the same as the title. Absolutely horrible, and not worth the time I spent to set the thing up.