View Single Post
Old 12-03-2006, 07:40 PM
Administrator

Default Any News From The Reading Show (Philadelphia)

Posted By: David Seaborn

I, too, attended the show. Although the site was more removed and the prices were high, it was nice just to have the show back after the layoff. There's still enough nice material there to make it worth going. (It'll never be like it once was, but it still crushes almost any other show this side of the National). Nice talking to Jay Miller, Dan McKee, and Terry Knouse....Ted Z. - I tried but everytime I went over to your table you had a crowd, you must have done well!

I want to give special thanks to Sean at SGC and Bobby at Vintage Card Prices. SGC really came through for me. Recently, I purchase a vintage card in an old SGC holder graded an 86. I submitted it at the show for a new holder. It came back trimmed and SGC immediately offered to buy the card back from me. Then, relying on Bobby's database, we were able to look up the transaction and get the correct refund in full down to the last dollar. It's just one more example of what a class act SGC is running, as well as another useful purpose for Bobby's data. Nice to finally meet you Bobby, I wish we had more time.