View Single Post
Old 03-01-2011, 11:15 AM
Glyn Parson

Default Wow kudos to JP for reaching out.

I had a major problem with Hunt auctions complained and heard nothing. I had consigned to them a ton of stuff last year. They offered to spread it out over a number of auctions, which I did not object to. I did recieve a modest advance. The problem was once the sales exceeded the advance they just lotted stuff together to blow it out. There was often no rhyme or reason to the lotting of materials, prewar with post war, high grade with low, non sport and sports mixed together. needless to say I got crushed on the total sales figure. i sent David hunt emails and a letter and never heard a word. I personally will never deal with them again. i have not done the show at valley forge since then and never will. if it were not for the good will Cheryl has with many dealers I doubt many people would set up anymore. Also I called about an antique show at the Valley Forge Center where the hunt show is located. 10x20 booth $375. A lot cheaper than the Hunt price but they claimed they couldn't afford to give a bigger discount on tables to the dealers HAHAHA.

Last edited by glynparson; 03-01-2011 at 11:15 AM.