View Single Post
Old 02-19-2004, 07:32 AM
Administrator

Default A-Rod in Pinstripes

Posted By: John(z28jd)

The thing about Jeter is if he wasnt withthe Yankees,not only would he not be so highly rated but he wouldnt have a chance for all those post season heroics that make him so much more highly thought of.If he was with the Blue Jays(poke at Elliot) nobody would be claiming him to be a Hall of Famer.
He is a good hitter but hes helped by the team hes on,altho i will say hes a great clutch hitter.Strikes out a little too much for someone with no power.If you see him play day in day out youll realize hes at best an average fielder who tries to make great easy plays look great by adding flair and it backfires alot.

I showed my grandfather stat after stat after stat showing how Jeter was at best right in the middle as far a fielding for shortstops.Showed him stories proving my point and he still thinks Jeter is great and his argument went just like Julies did,what about those 2 plays in the playoffs! He also points out that Jeter goes into the hole and throws while in the air and no one else does.When i pointed out that every shortstop will catch the ball,then plant their feet and make the throw with alot behind it instead of stupidly jumping away from your target and trying to throw in the air!! His response was,ive seen Jeter make that play before and get the guy out. Well of course if a guy tries that 2 times a game hes going to make the play sometime,not every batter is Lou Brock out of the box,half of them are Ron Hassey-esque because theyre bulked up so much