View Single Post
Old 07-28-2017, 07:00 AM
Jason Wells

The Chicago National is the nicest show I have been to. This is my 3rd NSCC and by far the most productive for my collection. I arrived at the GA opening at 10 am. With having such a small focus I was able to check all the tables for a initial inventory of T cards in about 3 hours. About two hours in a think I was struck with card blindness and it became a little overwhelming just the sheer size of the place. I will say it is a T206 collectors dream come true. Some for fair prices, some for card show prices.I saw a lot of rare back T206. Many from just one dealer. I met for the first time and also reconnected with a few members. I have to admit its good seeing people after years of digital communication.

As far as my purchasing went I finally broke my streak of maybe 5-6 shows without a Red Border pickup. Happy to add a Series 8 Pepe from Ed Hans for a fair price. It will fit nicely in my low grade Series set. I have a nice upgrade reserved from MPeich and have my eyes on a couple N172 for my two player runs. Sadly I didnt come across a single T209-2. Those as well as new to the market T210's are getting harder to come by. All in all a outstanding show and im looking forward to day two as well as the Net54 shindig!