View Single Post
Old 07-27-2017, 09:53 AM
Emlily Ell.is

When we were leaving Disney World in February coming home, my backpack set off the TSA machines. I had a souvenir baseball in it. They opened it and ran the baseball through the machine. They said they had to do so because it's hollow inside and people could hide things in the baseball. I was like really? People will actually do that?

Once they swabbed and scanned it, it came back clear and I was allowed to go on my way. But they patted me down and acted like I was up to something bad before I was eventually cleared. I was pretty upset.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
Heh. I went on vacation a few weeks back and bought a bunch of baseballs, postcards and other assorted memorabilia items. I packed them in a backpack for carrying on the plane. I noticed that my family sailed through and they set my backpack aside. They were seemingly ignoring it so I asked them if I could get my backpack. Then another TSA agent appeared out of nowhere and took me to a station where she unloaded my backpack in a not so nice manner. I had to ask her to please not open the sealed vintage baseballs in original boxes. She ran some machine over it a million times and then put a "swab" in a machine and I guess it came back negative for whatever bad stuff she was looking for because she told me to pack it back up and be on my way. I was hoping for a patdown.

I have done deals with: snowman, exhibitman, roquan, vintagetoppscards, bobsbbcards, sayitaintso, tsp06, gorditadogg, 4reals, bnorth, clydepepper, jcfowler6, jimmer77, tsp06, Bartholomew_Bump_Bailey, swk473 plus others.