View Single Post
Old 04-10-2014, 03:54 PM
_G@ґy*€hℯη_

Hi Howard. Hopefully, you have insurance on that package. I have something like this also. I had a low value package shipped to me from Singapore (~$50) with a destination address of Redwood City in California. The package made it to the US fine, and there you were able to see the package tracking on the USPS site. The package made it to Sunnyvale, which is just a few miles from Redwood City on 3/21. Then the package basically disappeared with the last update being "Delivery Status Not Updated." Earlier this week, I went to my local post office, and asked where my package was. They said they had no idea, but gave me the phone # to call the Sunnyvale post office since that was the last place the package was. After many attempts at calling that post office, where the calls would go into a voice mail, I finally reached a live person. That person told me that the package already left Sunnyvale, and told me to try the Redwood City post office, and see if the package might be in some "hold out" box at that post office for missent items. I called the Redwood City post office, and they said the package was not there either, and what they said happens is that when the package was missent from Sunnyvale, the process is that it gets sent back to the main San Francisco sorting facility, and in that location, it goes into some area for missent mail where every item in that location needs to be manually sorted by a post office employee to check to see if the address/zip, etc is correct rather than go to through the machines. I told the employee that it's already been 2-1/2 weeks, how much longer do I have to wait? The employee told me to be patient another 2-3 weeks... I asked if I could call the San Francisco office, but they said that wouldn't help since they wouldn't know anything either until the package got manually sorted.

So, I still don't know if my package is in a black hole somewhere in that postal facility or truly lost. I filed an ebay item not received case since it's getting close to the 45 days that I have to file a case, and I do feel sorry for the seller, and hopefully ebay seller protection will cover him in this case also.