View Single Post
Old 09-28-2015, 07:36 PM
Kenny Cole

Jeff,

I get that you are more concerned with issues of systemic fraud such as that perpetrated by Mastro and his minions. I don't disagree with you that, as a whole, that is obviously much more detrimental to the integrity of the hobby. We are on the same page in that regard.

That being said, it seems to me that rightly or wrongly, a lot of people view the BST as sort of a safe-haven from the Mastros of the hobby. Whether or not it is accurate, the perception is that on the BST, folks honor their word and don't screw their fellow collectors over. When someone admittedly does just that, says he "understands" the frustration of the guy he just screwed over and basically admits to completely lacking any integrity whatsoever but says tough luck, get over it, that sort of flies all over people. It did me.

I was one of the folks who wrote a letter to the judge about what a POS Mastro was. But that certainly doesn't mean that stuff like this doesn't also deserve to be strongly condemned. This, in some respects, is a lot more personal because it calls into question the integrity of a board that has, to date, not had too many similar situations occur, at least that I am aware of. That's my $.02, which is probably about what it's worth.

Last edited by Kenny Cole; 09-28-2015 at 07:38 PM. Reason: keep dropping words. sooner or later I'll get it right