View Single Post
Old 06-29-2011, 11:47 AM
Geno W@gn&r

Default More to the point

And so as not to hijack the thread too bad, I'll also say I refocus every few years. I have always collected T205s since I can remember, but didn't know what to do once I'd completed it. I completed most of the Topps sets, but ran out of steam when I decided I wasn't going to buy a bunch of Mantle cards when I could care less about him.

Sticking with the T205 theme, I started the T202 set and really liked that since it's the same cards and pretty easy to get started on a nice set. It still left me wanting more gold borders, however. So recently I decided to complete another run of T205s, but this time just the Sovereign backs. That gives me over half the set, with most of the Cubs, and I don't have to buy Cobb (see Mantle above)!

I think I'm much happier collecting a more focused group of cards than having binders that I never look at. I still look at my 1974 set, just because it was the first one I collected...but other than that, I am still deciding what to do with a lot of my stuff. I think they were called "trading cards" for a reason...so in my mind, trade away for whatever interests you today!

Take Care,
Geno