Thread: pwcc
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2013, 04:15 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by tschock View Post
Leon,

Not sure he is planning on doing anything though about the general bid retractions outside of his auctions. But at the same time, as long as they aren't retracting bids on his auctions, why should it matter to him?

"Anyone who retracts a bid in our auction is flagged by eBay trust and safety and their account is labeled with the improper action."

Can we actual tell if someone retracted a bid in one of HIS auctions (or any SPECIFIC auction)? Ebay reports retraction totals, but I'll leave it to one of the experts to answer this.

Obviously that is a "bigger picture" problem. And if it doesn't matter to ebay, why should it matter to any particular seller (beyond their own auctions)?
I would only be concerned what happens in my (in this case Brent's) auctions. If someone has 50 bid retractions in others auctions, not my concern. If they have 50, then retract one in mine, they would be out. I guess we could have any number of scenarios but I don't think (could be wrong) anyone is asking Brent to do anything other than in his own auctions. I think if you look back at my post I stated something to the effect, if a member has lots of bid retractions, then does it in my auction, I would boot them...and I would. Hope this clarifies my statement.