Thread: On the easel...
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2010, 10:16 PM
Graig Kreindler

Thanks, David!!

Mark, I'm so glad you dig the first two, as I'm not as happy with these photographs as I normally am. But it's good to know they still look alright. Now, I just have to completely believe that!

In regards to the Wagner piece, well it's interesting that you say that. It's definitely not something that I would ever really pick to paint. I mean, the card is iconic and all, but to me, just trying to replicate that is really boring (just don't tell that to the client). I would be MUCH more excited if I was trying to bring to life Horner's actual photo, even down to some colored background. I feel like it would be cool to try and paint Wagner (and the rest of them) in that kind of studio environment. Even though the north light that was probably used in them might not be incredibly exciting, it's still light. To me, that stuff gets completely lost in the card lithograph. Not that the lithograph is bad by any means, but I'm sure you understand.

I think in the end though, you're right, it's not the kind of thing I would normally do. I'm still debating whether I'll even have it up on my website!

Thanks so much for chiming in, I really appreciate it.