View Single Post
Old 05-09-2018, 07:11 PM
Eddie S.
Eddie Smi.th

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy3050 View Post
I have both , I don't really care about which one is his rookie card , I would take his leaf card any day over his Bonds Bread , His leaf has and will always be an iconic Baseball Card , and one that I always wanted since I started collecting many years ago.
I don't have either card, so I don't any financial stake in one or the other. But I don't see the Bond Bread portrait supplanting the Leaf card as the Robinson card to have. The Leaf card is such an iconic image, the image that many people think of when they think of a Jackie Robinson card.

I think the fact that the Bond Bread card is black and white and the Leaf is in color hurts the Bond Bread card as well. Obviously, there are many black and white cards in the hobby that are worth huge money, but I do think it limits the chance of the card becoming the iconic Robinson card to own when there are color options issued so closely to the Bond Bread card.