Thread: D304 Young
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2005, 09:20 AM
Administrator

Default D304 Young

Posted By: Al Crisafulli

Like many others, I'm building a set of Hall of Fame players, utilizing as many different card types as possible. My goal is to have the postwar cards in great condition, and the prewar cards in presentable condition without any alterations, major damage, or heavy creasing.

Collecting this way is a lot of fun, but it also makes it difficult when collecting the more obscure issues. It's difficult to get to know all the different possible card types, and doesn't make a whole lot of sense to do a ton of research into a set just so I can feel comfortable buying a single card.

Because of this, I depend on reliable sellers and grading companies to help me.

If I didn't have some level of familiarity with D304s, I might have looked at this auction and thought that this was a very presentable PSA-1, with no damage on the face of the card. I might have been motivated to pay a premium, hoping I could crack it and cross it into a different holder. Undoubtedly, someone will win this card, thinking the same thing. I may buy it, just to keep it out of an unsuspecting collector's hands.

It should be in an "authentic" holder, if it's in a holder at all. And I'm 36 years old.

-Al