View Single Post
Old 08-01-2022, 02:26 AM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlesinj View Post
From the day I spent I did not see a specific table that had more than an item or two. Love of the Game had three cards, which I assume will be up at an upcoming auction.

Probstein did have his Josh Gibson photo that he is selling for $300k obo on eBay. I also saw a large team photo in a frame of the famous Dominican Ciudad Trujillo. The famous team that was recruited by the Dictator via Satchel Paige for $30k in 1937. I guess that is why this stuff gets gobbled up a pretty high premium as it is really not plentiful.
I also saw that Trujillo photo, but only by default. While I was looking at some cases at the booth someone was inquiring about it. The owner was pointing out the various players. I believe the quoted price was in the mid to high five figures or low 6 figures. It was not in my collecting focus so not all of the conversation stuck with me. I do believe the customer was serious about purchasing it as they did ask the owner if they would entertain an offer if it was still there on Sunday.

"The man who can keep a secret may be wise, but he is not half as wise as the man with no secrets to keep”