View Single Post
Old 02-26-2019, 12:06 PM
Rob

No issues at all with this one.

I started by working from the back of the pennant and I tried to use as little bleach as possible to avoid problems.

Started with 90/10 mix just to see what would happen. Didn't have much effect on the bad spots but did whiten the background some.

Then I increased to about 70/30 and continued to work on the back. I let 30 minutes to an hour go by between each spraying so I could assess the progress. I probably sprayed it six or more times over the course of the day. This got the pennant pretty white, but several trouble spots remained.

By now I was fairly confident that the paint wasn't going to run so I turned the pennant over and hit the trouble spots directly...which included hitting the graphics. I tried to do that sparingly but it couldn't be avoided.

Finally, I had to strengthen the mixture to about 50/50 to get those sports on the tip to say uncle. I didn't have to spray the 50/50 mixture near the paint luckily.

Before I went to bed I sprayed the pennant with water to rinse off any excess bleach and I let it sit wet over night. It was nice and bright the next morning.

Sandwiched it between some towels to let dry for a few hours, then hit it with a warm iron.

Mission accomplished.