View Single Post
Old 05-30-2015, 02:50 PM
Lou Simcoe
L0u Sim.coe

Quote:
Originally Posted by insccollectibles View Post
Whenever the next huge star comes around the prices are ridiculous. Trout, Harper, Strasburg people just buy into the hype. Don't get me wrong Harper and Trout are amazing players but let them play out their career's first before you spend anything close to this kind of cash.
+1

I was listening to a couple of baseball " experts " debate on how many home runs Harper will hit for his career. It was laughable. One said Harper will hit over 600, the other said over 500. Nobody really knows though. I thought if Harper would hit 350 home runs with 1200-1300 rbi's, that's a nice career. He is not the most careful fielder in the game, and the punishment on his body now will take it's toll later. Harper has been built up to baseball's Golden Boy, that no matter what he does it will not be enough. And he is 22 years old, with " can't miss " for the past 8 years, since he was 14 or 15 years old. The pressure must be immense. Give me Mantle any day of the week. I already know what I have in the Mick. BTW, Mickey averaged just under 30 home runs a season for his career. Harper, IMO, will be fortunate to do the same.