View Single Post
Old 04-09-2020, 03:10 PM
Colton
Colt0n Eng.lish

Dave,
I understand your question and your reasoning makes since, however to answer this logically, you must look at the 1944 set as a whole, read all the backs, and then compare that back dialogue to the back dialogue on the 1943s, then you begin to understand (in many examples) why the changes were made. The changes, not always, but in many instances, were made to reflect actual changes that occurred between the time of the first print and the second. As in, player trades, and more cool/notable in this set, notes regarding players entering and/or returning from the war.

Further, the simple fact that the 1943 set was printed with errors, then printed correctly, and then the 1949 set was first printed with errors again defies your logic that once corrected, it was corrected for good going forward....right?

Also, think about this: Why was the M.P.&Co. designation removed after the 1943s? Could it be because the future runs were not done by Michael Pressner and Company? This may explain why we see the same/similar errors re-occur in the early 1949 print runs that we saw in the early 1943 print runs? (Williams misspelling for example) Just a guess there.

I will put together a summation of the dialogue differences in which lead me to believe the set was printed in 1944 in a future post, I don’t want to miss any of the numerous examples that led me to this print year, more to follow...

George,
The direction that the front of the card faces (When the back is right side up) is determined by in which direction the card front would be read. As in, which direction you would read the players name from. Not in which direction the player on the card is facing. I know its confusing, but I hope this helps. Otherwise, yes, all of your examples are ones that I have confirmed and fit the descriptions outlined. Thanks for your interest

Also,
Thanks for everyone’s responses. I have also received a very interesting PM that may confirm a new card for me, which is what I was hoping for! THanks again and I will continue to update with findings

Be Safe ALL,
Colton