View Single Post
Old 05-15-2005, 05:28 AM
Administrator

Default mid-grade collection transition, to high-grade collection

Posted By: John

I agree Pop-Reports mean nothing. I’m sure there are other examples of most all cards, which have yet to be slabbed. These cards are in many private collections. I myself have cards which I have never slabbed I’ve never even sent a card to a grading company until last week.

However I disagree that there are wheelbarrows full of high grade T206’s or other cards for that matter, just lying around. I find it hard to believe that most every advanced collector has a T206 set filled with NM cards just sitting in a closet.

But there’s no doubt that if all cards were slabbed today the pops would be way off. Some poor bastard would find out that he wasn’t the only one to own a PSA 9 Peaches Graham T206 and the $5k he spent was a tad silly.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again I really think grading companies are pure poison. Grading companies should only authenticate and that’s it no grades need to be assigned. Let the grade and price be set between the seller and the buyer. The hobby would be a better place. We no what a good-looking card looks like.