View Single Post
Old 01-03-2018, 07:07 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls7plus View Post
You might want to take a look at Ty Cobb's various "obscure" (or shall we say ultra-rare?) postcard rookies, as well, of course, as the Babe's 1914 Baltimore News schedule card. The latter was extremely "obscure" in the late '80's and well into the early nineties, while the former have been going up, shall we say, quite nicely in price ($4,000 for a 1907 Dietsche Fielding pose Cobb in 2011 and $15,000 in 2015, both in PSA 5, and as I recall, an even rarer than rare 1907 Stainless Steel Tube Cobb went for $24,000 about a year ago). Demand usually comes around to rare and significant, "obscure" or otherwise. See what colonial coins and territorial gold coins have done since being "discovered" in the past 20 years or so.

In that regard, however, one might want to consider the much more elusive, so-called 1947 Bond Bread Exhibit Robinson--that is, if you can find one. Last time I looked there were about seven total graded, and I don't believe the count is going to change much. Most collectors like to have something ultra rare and desirable that others don't have. It's just the nature of the beast.

Happy collecting, in any form or manner you personally choose,

Larry
There are two GAI graded ones on ebay.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.