View Single Post
Old 12-24-2011, 08:17 AM
Paul Gruszka aka P Diddy, Cambo, Fluke, Jagr, PG13, Bon Jokey, Paulie Walnuts
Pa.ul Grus.zka

By high bidder, I assume u then also mean the winner. The only way I know of seeing who the winner/high biider was is to wait a few days and then look under the Sellers Feedback Left for Others tab. The sellers usually leave feedback to their sold items, then u can click on the winner id to see them.

Just a side note. I am really thinking that this ball may very well be the ball from the last out of the 1917 World Series. I am thinking of looking into getting access to a library and their archives - old newspapers from those towns for both Reading, PA where Lew McCarty died and maybe Milton, PA where he was born. Then of course NY and Chicago newspapers from the Series, hoping for any mention that Gandil flipped/gave the ball from the final out to McCarty who grounded out to end the Series.

Also - I have sent an email to the White Sox and owner Jerry Reinsdorf to see if he has any interest. I believe they display at their stadium, the Cell, the ball from the 2005 WS victory, their first since 1917, so it would be amazing to display them side by side if I can dig up something.

PS - Anybody from Reading or Milton and want to make a few bucks researching old newspapers at their local libraries?

Last edited by Shoeless Moe; 12-24-2011 at 08:20 AM.