View Single Post
Old 04-30-2002, 01:15 PM
Administrator

Default Follow-up on EX-MT

Posted By: BcD

justice...and a comment from MW !

look,we all see different things but the standards of grading do not and did not change because of any of the aforementioned factors. James,no offense but a lot of guys on here have much greater experience and $$$ than you or I.That should be obvious to you. And Leon is turning into Mr. pre war unique,rare and type card king and seems to be gathering good information over the past year on the factory options and manners of production on these cards. The above poster has put some time into examining pre war card conditions and variables.It seems when you spend lots of money,the folks you buy things from disclose bits and pieces of history that eventually cause you to have enough to draw real and reasonable conclusions about history. That is what many of the well known historian dealers do.James,you have not been at it as long as you would like us all to believe I think and you probably have not doled out the kind of money some on this board have to secure information that is truly not fabricated.Your a smart guy but not a historian when it comes to cards and until you converse with 200 more well known collectors and forked over another 100k ( seemingly the only way the ones 'in the know' initially meet you anyway),your thoughts sound good but are fabricated based on your limited exposure...I realize you have 1000 feedbacks but how many of the folks on this board with knowledge have you NOT met through e-bay? A bunch of us have known each other for years before e-bay and it really does take that long to gather enough consistant information to have confidence in your story....I do hope you sell those cards but the descriptions are still false,overstated and sensationalized...