View Single Post
Old 02-22-2017, 09:38 AM
David Peck

I get the feeling you are referring to the membership fee. I am paid up for like three years as I buy a fresh membership to submit cards that are over $100 and want a reasonably quick turn around time. The special this month is $6 and that will end up being closer to $9 with shipping there and back. You might want to look at sending them in yourself and signing up. The turnaround time is estimated at 10 days for renewal voucher subs vs. 50 for a special. It also nice to send in a collectors club special with it and if you mark renewal sub on the box it will get logged faster and save you on shipping there if you plan to sub a larger number of cards at some point. In terms of high volume submitter's getting better grades, I don't buy it but many do. I have submitted plenty of 10's myself and what I have learned over the years is if you review your cards four or five times in different sessions you will catch more of the hidden flaws and kick a lot more to the curb. I am sending in a batch today and it took numerous reviews to find a surface bubble on what looked like a potential 10. Back in the raw box it went. I have found the hardest part of getting cards graded is removing your position bias and the fear of not sending something in that might grade high. It takes years of practice and it still isn't a perfect science. Good luck.

Last edited by Dpeck100; 02-22-2017 at 09:40 AM.