Thread: Type Collectors
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2012, 10:05 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default hmm

I was trying to let a few folks chime in before I posted. Type collecting has been around since the very start of organized baseball card collecting. Burdick mentioned it several times in his early writings. I think it is very personal to each person and can be what anyone wants it to be. On a formal basis I guess it could be each card with an ACC # attached to it. But it can also be a ton more than that. I started out wanting one of each card with an ACC# all the way up to 1949. Why 1949? Because after that there becomes many more regionals and that makes it even more broad than it is. When I found that I had more cards than cash I sold my 19th century stuff. Now I do 1900-1949 and then also anything I like. So I have multiples of many cards....,and if we add the uncatalogued cards to the list it really becomes almost infinite. The reason I say infinite is just in the last 6 mos. I have probably found approximately 5-6 sets I didn't even know existed and was able to add cards from them to my collection. Then add freaks and errors and it really gets to be fun. And isn't that what it's all about?