View Single Post
Old 10-09-2011, 08:20 AM
G.r.eg M@r.t.i.n

I mailed it fully insured with signature confirmation, but I do not have "no returns on graded cards" in my listings. Good idea.

Gary, Dave, Dan, Dave F, Jim...thank you for the information. Gary, BTW, I got a little lost on the PSA message boards.

The buyer said (wrote) that he's inexperienced and found information on how to determine if a PSA holder had been tampered with, adding he found such evidence on the holder he questioned. He said he didn't intend to accuse me of tampering with the holder (someone else?). He said he still isn't sure the card is authentic, but he will keep the card and resell it. He read this thread after I messaged him the link and felt I "turned it around on him." The purpose of sending the link, which I did immediately after starting this thread, was to invite him here for a discussion on this topic. I thought the invitation was nothing more than cordial.

Therefore, the buyer has an authentic '33 Goudey Dizzy Dean in VG condition, fully sealed in a PSA 3 holder. The Dean is one of the tougher cards in the set IMO.

And that is where it stands at the moment.

PSA holders will accumulate scratches, even if handled carefully. SGC and Beckett holders are awesome!

I just noticed that one of the top vintage card sellers (and one of my favorites) just bought one of my Goudeys. Great hobby!