Thread: I am gonna vent
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2017, 07:18 AM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainier2004 View Post
How difficult is this?

If you don't like "offers" then set a floor or a BIN...I guess coming to a national message board and debating this is more productive somehow. If its in the BST then set a price. Either way, make it clear in the OP what in the hell you are talking about.

Coming to the same place to complain about buyers where you gain "knowledge" is bad form...argue with the same people you learn from. Others learn from past sales, similar examples and analyzing trends in the market place which seems to be over your head while you rely on these opinions to create a business model that quite frankly comes off as predatory. How about make some contribution to this board? Where is your expertise? This is a community, not some place to displace your passive-aggressive attitude to get what you want.

S Suck0w
Ok I want to address this post.

If you don't like "offers" then set a floor or a BIN

I will be doing so after this thread. I used to and got away from it and don't know why I haven't gone back yet. I forgot in all honesty.

I guess coming to a national message board and debating this is more productive somehow.

It is definitely not productive, however I rarely vent, so I would like to to invoke my first amendment right.

If its in the BST then set a price. Either way, make it clear in the OP what in the hell you are talking about.

I have attempted to clarify myself through numerous replies on this thread. Not sure if you have seen them or read through them but I stated very clearly in replies and did my best to answer questions.

Coming to the same place to complain about buyers where you gain "knowledge" is bad form...argue with the same people you learn from.

This was not my intention, and I never made mention of any specific buyer on Net in my initial post. It was only after being provoked by certain buyers whom are culprits of what I am speaking about that I said something direct. As a "dealer" now, I am sure I am speaking for a lot of dealers with this post whether or not they will chime in and agree is another thing.

Others learn from past sales, similar examples and analyzing trends in the market place which seems to be over your head while you rely on these opinions to create a business model that quite frankly comes off as predatory.

It's not rocket science in all honesty. I don't deal much in cards, so I rely more on worth point, and past auction results at auction houses as well as advice from certain dealers that have taken me under their wings so to speak when making prices, due to the types of items I sell. I try to only offer unique items that are not easily attainable on the open market, and by effectively marketing them I hope to bring a profit. I by no means am predatory and you can ask anyone on here who has ever dealt with me.. I am as honest a person as they comes and truthfully I hope someone will chime in here in regards to this. I always work with people on price, and am a pretty easy person to deal with when I buy as well, as many can attest to.

How about make some contribution to this board? Where is your expertise?

I have tried numerous times to make contributions, most recent example being offering my advice of the message board to anyone that wanted help with Jackie Robinson autographs about a month ago. (feel free to go check) My expertise lies in Brooklyn Dodgers and Jackie Robinson, and I have definitely chimed in and helped those with questions pertaining to my area of knowledge.

This is a community, not some place to displace your passive-aggressive attitude to get what you want.

I totally agree with you here and maybe I should not have made this post, but I was getting a mad run of squids (term I use for slimy cheap buyers) and felt compelled to create a thread. Not sure what you mean by me using this thread to get what I want though. I did not want anything from this, just a mere outlet to let out my bottled up frustration, and I ran out of pages in my diary

As for you Mr. Dewey. Oh man oh man what shall we do with you?

Mr. Fake News himself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey View Post
I've never made an offer on anything. Ever. Period. Made one inquiry via net54 months ago on bst about you saying you are in NY though your ebay store says otherwise.

Is this where I insert the obligatory lol?

no this is where I insert this from October 27th

Keep in mind I get this literally the day after the one at Leland's sells for $1650. Yea thanks for the offer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey View Post
Just to be clear. One more time. You and I have never made a deal. I've pm'd once on an item asking about the location disparity between ebay and net54. I asked for clarity. You gave little. That is the sum total of our communication. I never even got to the point of a number because, right or wrong, I didn't trust you. You have me confused with someone else.

to this i say

as well as you nickel and dimed me on a undated Boston Red Sox grand stand ticket back in February and actually purchased it because "it had Ted Williams number on it"

Last edited by Leon; 11-22-2017 at 10:53 AM.